Android 6.0 Marshmallow update : Google’s latest operating system android 6.0 marshmallow was officially released at a special event on september 29. Google confirmed that Android 6.0 Marshmallow update will start rolling out to google nexus devices – Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7, Nexus 9, Nexus Player. Nexus device holders you can start hitting update button from October 5 th onwards. Not only nexus, Handsets like HTC, Motorola, Samsung, Sony, Lg, Lenovo users are also eagerly waiting for Android 6.0 Marshmallow update. Android 6.0 Update popped out active searches on major search engines – When is Android 6.0 update? Android M update, Marshmallow update for Htc/Samsung/Sony. However, It depends on company solely the company will announce update dates so keep an eye on this article for all Android 6.0 updates. Now head on to article to know everything about Android 6.0 Marshmallow release date, features.
All about Android 6.0 Marshmallow features
Before choosing android marshmallow you are required to know its latest features and comparison with other versions. Below are the features of new android operating system 6.0 marshmallow proceed further to know more.. Know about lollipop upgrade issues in past.
- Contextual Assistance :
- You can get assistance anywhere without leaving what you’re doing. You can get assistance while you are browsing or gaming.
- Supports voice interaction. With any voice interaction enabled app you can open or close or perform tasks by your dialogues.
- App Standby prevents draining of battery from apps. Charge lasts longer. Doze feature automatically puts your device into sleep mode which increases battery life.
- Supports USB Type C which can transfer power, data quickly through same cable.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow update will save your juice.
- Privacy & Security
- Advanced controls to turn permissions on or off. Android Marshmallow lets you define what you want to share through permissions settings.
- Advanced feature in android M – Verified boot, Warns when there is change in firmware and android operating system.
- Advanced device lock system usage of fingerprint sensors to unlock device, Secure authentication while purchases in Google Play, transactions in apps etc..
- System usability improvements
- Simplified volume controls allow you to manage notification, music, and alarm volumes.
- Easily toggle and Simple configure of Do Not Disturb settings.
- Streamlined Settings let’s you to manage app’s settings notifications, permissions.
- Intelligent app links
- When a user click on any weblink. Android doesn’t know how to open. For example if it is video link you might be asked whether to open with YouTube, Uc Browser, or Chrome. With Android – M update google brings intelligent system ie when user clicks on link it will opens with specified app for example twitter pens with twitter app.
- Bluetooth Low Energy (“BLE”) efficient scanning for nearby devices and enabled accessories.
- Hotspot 2.0 compatibility can connect to Wifi networks securely.
- Portable WiFi Hotspot supports frequency 5 Ghz.
- Device setup
- Can transfer your accounts, apps and data to a new device securely.
- Auto backup and restore enable for apps.
- Secure transfer of Email accounts, Data by Sync settings, Preferred apps, Do Not Disturb settings, Accessibility settings.
Above listed features are inherited from google. Android 6.0 Marshmallow features comprises an increase in standby battery life and new privacy and permissions controls. Overall Marshmallow features are notable compared with earlier versions. Check down the article to know Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for your phone.
When is Android 6.0 Marshmallow update is coming to my phone
Google has started rolling out Android 6.0 Marshmallow to Google Nexus users. But there are still millions of people wanting to get Marshmallow update for their smartphones. Android release kicked out searches like When will I get Android Marshmallow ? Android M update for Samsung Phones, Android 6.0 update for HTC Phones, What devices will get Android 6.0 Marshmallow update fortunately along with google with many other smartphone manufacturers like HTC, Motorola, Lg, Huawei, Samsung, Sony confirmed their plans to distribute latest Android 6.0 M version. Rumored all the devices will not be receiving marshmallow update only some phones will be receiving. Check out here…….
Android 6.0 Marshmallow update release date
Google is going to release its new Nexus devices Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P with the latest Android 6.0 marshmallow preloaded. Android 6.0 Marshmallow update will be rolling out to following cited Nexus devices from 5 October. All you need to wait for over the air update which will be arriving shortly accordingly. Google delivered support of manual update using factory images. You can also get Android M latest update for Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7, Nexus 9, and Nexus Player directly from Google.
- Nexus 5
- Nexus 6
- Nexus 7
- Nexus 9
- Nexus Player
Motorola recently confirmed, following listed Moto devices will be receiving Marshmallow update.
- 2015 Moto X Pure Edition (third-gen)
- 2015 Moto X Style (third-gen)
- 2015 Moto X Play
- 2014 Moto X Pure Edition in the US (second-gen)
- 2014 Moto X in Latin America, Europe and Asia (second-gen)
- 2015 Moto G (third-gen)
- 2014 Moto G
- Moto G with 4G LTE2 (second-gen)
- 2014 Moto Maxx
- 2014 Moto Turbo
- Droid Turbo
- Nexus 6
Htc on twitter confirmed HTC One M9 and One M8 will get Android 6.0 Marshmallow update at “beginning end of 2015” and following handsets will also be receiving update soon.
- HTC One M9
- HTC One M9+
- HTC One M8
- HTC One ME
- HTC One M8 EYE
- HTC One E9
- HTC One E9+
- HTC One E8
- HTC Desire 826
- HTC Desire 820
- HTC Desire 816
- HTC Butterfly 3
Sony manufacturers has announced Marshmallow update for following devices through a sony blog post. Right now there is no confirmations on timeline for all devices. We have only following details we will be updating day-to-day. Keep an eye on our blog post.
- Xperia Z5
- Xperia Z5 Compact
- Xperia Z5 Premium
- Xperia Z4 Tablet
- Xperia Z3+
- Xperia Z3
- Xperia Z3 Compact
- Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
- Xperia Z2
- Xperia Z2 Tablet
- Xperia M5
- Xperia M4 Aqua
- Xperia C5 Ultra
- Xperia C4
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Duos
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A
LG the korean company not yet made any confirmation of marshmallow update. Rumors circulated over Korean blogs reported that LG G3 and LG G4 handsets will be getting new Android 6.0 marshmallow update soon. As in far we came to know that only korean models will be getting update. Checkout the Cited list.
- LG G3
- LG G4
- LG G Stylo
- LG G3 D855.
- LG G3 F400
Chinese best smartphones manufacturers huawei also rumoured to be releasing marshmallow update for its devices which are Honor Holly, Ascent…. More devices list will be updated day-to-day keep checking this article for marshmallow updates to chinese phones.
As there are millions of users expecting Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to their smartphones.We will update in this article each and every confirmation regarding marshmallow and we’ll be updating devices list day-to-day that are going to carry Android 6.0 marshmallow.
Stay tuned to this article for all latest information regarding Android 6.0 Marshmallow update and news.